As the story goes, this retired couple had discovered pickleball, and they spent a lot…
Whether this is your first trip to Emerald Desert or you’re nearly a native, there is always something new to discover. With the endless California sunshine and tranquil desert views, you will love staying with us. There is nothing like lounging by the pool, but if you would like to get adventurous here is a great list of things to see and do.[custom_list type=”checkmark”]
- 1. Joshua Tree National Park: Explore the distinct desert ecosystems with unique rock formations and plants during a hike.
- 2. Indian Canyons: Set foot on a hike of your own with more than 100 miles of hiking trails, waterfalls, ad ancient palm groves.
- 3. Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: Get a ride in the world’s largest rotating tramcar going over the cliffs of Chino Canyon. Finish off with a dinner at Peaks Restaurant above the clouds.
- 4. San Andreas Fault: Get a jeep tour with entertaining stories about the plants, animals, geology, and history of the California desert.
- 5. Spas: Heal in the desert with vast options of spas around town. You will find everything and anything you are looking for. Our favorite is The Hacienda Hot Springs with rock saunas and different spa treatments.
- 6. Thrift Store Shopping: Vintage furniture, knickknacks, collectives, and designer clothes. Find what you are in the market for, or stumble upon something amazing you were never planning on buying.
- 7. Modernism Week: Embark on nonstop lectures, symposiums, bus tours, film screenings to appreciate the 20th century Palm Springs history. The annual celebration takes place on February 16-26th.
- 8. Backstreet Art District: World-renown art district for all art lovers in the Coachella Valley. Get a chance to interact with the artists while you go through the many art galleries.
- 9. Gambling: Go ahead and set your bets as gambling is legal here. Discover many casinos in the area including one of the largest casinos in California, Morongo Casino Resort & Spa in Cabazon.
- 10. RELAX: How about just hanging out within resort grounds and checking out many of our own activities. Check out the calendar HERE.