Tired of fighting the fall and winter crowds in Yuma and Casa Grande, Arizona? This snowbird season, why not escape to an unbeatable RV vacation experience at Palm Desert, CA’s Emerald Desert RV Resort?
Nestled among the San Jacinto Mountains, Palm Desert is considered the educational, retail, and cultural hub of Coachella Valley and offers a little bit of something for everyone. While here, you can take advantage of some of the country’s finest golf courses; play a game of chance at area casinos; shop until you drop at various retailers and outlets; quench your culinary thirst at countless fine restaurants; explore the great outdoors; and so much more! To get you started, we’ve even compiled a sample 5-day itinerary for your future visit here.
But the real jewel of the Valley is Emerald Desert itself. From five-star amenities to countless activities and special events, there is literally never a dull moment at Emerald Desert. Unwind with a dip in our temperature-controlled pools and spas or an on-site massage; hone your golf skills on our putting green; pick up a paddle and join in a game of pickleball; practice your serve on our tennis courts, or stay in shape in our state-of-the-art fitness center.
On our activities calendar you’ll find water aerobics classes; card bingo; yoga; pickleball and tennis classes; crafting classes; paint nights; golf scrambles; cake decorating class; pool tournaments; nature hikes; and various other activities. Special events include DJ dances, build your own ice cream sundae parties, a themed New Year’s Eve Bash, a holiday site decorating contest, an ugly sweater contest, fashion shows, tea parties, 50s night, s’mores night, movie nights, a masquerade ball, live bands, boot scooting night, and more.
During the fall and winter, you can also take advantage of several events and activities in the Coachella Valley including:
- The Jacqueline Cochran Air Show takes place in early November. This free, biennial community event is one you won’t want to miss. Adrenaline pumping diving maneuvers and aerobatic stunt pilots are sure to take your breath away.
- The Desert Circuit Horse Show is one of the nation’s largest horse competitions and is held at the Polo Grounds from January through March. The Polo Grounds also hosts polo matches featuring such celebrities as Prince Charles of England.
- The Palm Springs Power minor league baseball team plays in Palm Springs Stadium every summer and the Palm Springs Chill is an Arizona Winter Baseball League team that plays in January and February. Collegiate sports are played at College of the Desert at its Palm Desert campus and the home field of the California Desert Heat a semi-pro American Soccer League-West Coast.
- The recently-expanded Palm Springs Convention Center is a major venue for shows, concerts, auctions, expos, and exhibits. In the past, it played host to exhibition basketball, roller hockey games, ice skating events and other indoor sports.
- Downtown Palm Springs’ Annual Desert Arts Festival in November features a variety of arts and crafts from over a hundred artists.
- The Indio International Tamale Festival December 2-3, named by Food Network as one of the top 10 food festivals in the country.
- The Careerbuilder Challenge (formerly the Humana Challenge and Bob Hope Classic), a PGA Tour event held January 15-21 in La Quinta, CA.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival, to be held January 2-15, is known as the first stop on the road to the Academy Awards®.
- The Southwest Arts Festival (January 26 – 29) is a judged art show at the Empire Polo Club.
- Held February 10, the Tour de Palm Springs features thousands of cyclists, food, and live music.
- Riverside County Fair and National Date Festival, to be held February 16-25, featuring food, rides, live entertainment, and the famous camel and ostrich races!
- Desert Classic d’Elegance, to be held in February and renowned as one of the top classic car shows in the world.
- La Quinta Art Festival (March 1st – 4th 2018), a vibrant interactive art event.
- The BNP Paribas Open Tennis Tournament to be held in Indian Wells from March 5-18 features over 200 of tennis’ top men and women.
- Fashion Week El Paseo, to be held March 18-25, is the West Coast’s biggest fashion show featuring many of today’s top designers.
- And more!
So if you’re ready for a snowbird season like no other, be sure to book your stay at Palm Desert’s Premier RV Resort – Emerald Desert! Reservations are now being taken by calling us at (877) 624-4140 or visiting our online booking center here. We look forward to seeing you soon!