Yellow Cab 760-340-8294
American Cab 760-300-0000
Palm Desert Executive Taxicab 760-718-2314
Desert City Cab 760-862-9000
Aztec Rental Cars (760) 360-2277
A cost-effective way to get around the Greater Palm Springs area is the SunBus by the SunLine Transit Agency. SunBus covers over 550 bus stop located throughout a 1,120 mile-service area.
Please pay exact fare. An operator does not make the change. NO refunds. SunBus Cash Fares.
- ADULT (18 – 59 yrs)$1.00
- YOUTH * (5 – 17 yrs)85¢
- SENIOR 60+ / DISABLED / MEDICARE** 50¢
- TRANSFER (unlimited rides within two hours) 25¢
Maximum of 2 children (4 years and younger) ride FREE with a paid fare.
*YOUTH (5 – 17 yrs): To use this pass you must have proof of age.
**SENIOR 60+ / DISABLED / MEDICARE: Medicare cards, DMV Driver License or Senior ID card, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Certification cards or SunLine Half-Fare ID cards will be accepted as proof of age or disability.
GETTING AROUND ON BIKE
Many roads throughout the area have designated bike lanes. These lanes are always on the right hand side of the road and offer bicyclists safe travel. In addition to the bike lanes there are numerous bike trails for the more adventurous types. Always remember to share the road and obey all traffic laws.
DISTANCES / MILEAGE
- Palm Springs is 14.2 miles or 24 minutes
- Cathedral City is 7.3 miles or 12 minutes
- Rancho Mirage is 3 miles or 7 minutes
- Desert Hot Springs is 22.1 miles or 26 minutes
- Indian Wells is 2.5 miles or 6 minutes
- La Quinta is 9 miles or 15 minutes
- Indio is 10.2 miles or 17 minutes
- Coachella is 13.7 miles or 22 minutes
- Los Angeles is 116 miles or 1:55 minutes
- Anaheim is 97.7 miles or 1:32 minutes
- San Diego is 134 miles or 2:08 minutes
- Las Vegas is 239 miles or 3:55 minutes
- Phoenix is 259 miles or 3:30 minutes